Sorry, folks…I’ve got nothing for Capricorn – short of always wondering what the heck it’s supposed to be??? From there, my inspiration arises…
Your sign strikes me as…thorny
Goat with fishy tail?!
Perplexing you are.
What did man see in your star?
You’ve got my sea goat…
A mascot? You’re not!
Who would you intimidate?
Sea kelp? Or this whelp?
A new name you need.
Cornucopia, I see!
Would have served you best.
My apologies to you Capricornians (? Capriconicians? Capricornucopians?) – surely you can appreciate my problem here in trying to identify you! You are…unique.
© 2013 jody love
During the first half of April, Carpe Diem’s haiku prompts have focused on The Zodiac. The April 1st prompt was simply on The Zodiac, in general. Since then, we’ve traveled nearly the 360 degrees through the zodiacal circumference. Today’s prompt moves us to the 10th sign – Capricorn, the, er…sea goat?
I was once a well-respected haikuist until I landed here. (Not really…I’ve never officially been either a haikuist or well-respected.) Hope you enjoy my silly stint with what I surely hope is a mythical creature!
- Carpe Diem: Sagittarius (the centaur/archer (humantriumphant.wordpress.com)
- Carpe Diem: Love’s Sting of Alchemy (Scorpio in Haiku) (humantriumphant.wordpress.com)
- Carpe Diem: Tipping Libra’s Scales (humantriumphant.wordpress.com)
- Carpe Diem: Virgo (the maiden) (humantriumphant.wordpress.com)
- Cervus lacessitus Leo (humantriumphant.wordpress.com)
- Cancer: Sign of Motherhood (humantriumphant.wordpress.com)
- Carpe Diem Haiku: Gemini (the twins) (humantriumphant.wordpress.com)
- Story of Taurus: A Full of Bull Tale told in haiku (humantriumphant.wordpress.com)
- Carpe Diem Haiku: Aries (Zodiac 1: the ram) (humantriumphant.wordpress.com)
- Carpe Diem Haiku: What month has a red herring in it? (humantriumphant.wordpress.com)