The cross taken down
Lying empty as my heart
World’s light extinguished
All hope is now gone.
my soul pleads
As if knowing more than I,
Bathed in nothingness
Left chilled to the bone.
Who am I to beg?
Did I not condemn him there?
Abandoned to die…
__________________________________________________ When I read Trifecta’s word challenge this week, I couldn’t think of anything else I’d written or could write that better depicted the challenge than, according to John, the Ultimate Source of Light who came into the world to dwell among us.
- Your response must be between 33 and 333 words.
- You must use the 3rd definition of the given word in your post.
- The word itself needs to be included in your response.
- You may not use a variation of the word; it needs to be exactly as stated above.
- Only one entry per writer.
- If you know your post does not meet the requirements of the challenge, please leave your link in the comments section, not in the linkz.
- Trifecta is open to everyone. Please join us.
- For the 14 hours following the close of the challenge, voting will be enabled on links.
- In order to vote, return to this post where stars will appear next to each link. To vote, simply click the star that corresponds with your favorite post.
- You can vote for your top three favorite posts.
- Voting is open to everyone. Encourage your friends to vote for you, if you wish, but please don’t tell them to vote on a number. The numbering of the posts changes regularly, as authors have the ability to delete their own links at any time.
- You have 14 hours to vote. It’s not much time, so be diligent! We’ll send out reminders on Twitter and Facebook.
- The winners will be announced in the comments of Friday’s post and will be posted in our typical fashion in the post on the following Monday.