Trifecta’s weekend challenge of 33 words (please pardon the inclusion of my 3-word title at the bottom when checking the count) was to write a confession – truth or dare. I think it actually said fiction or non-fiction. My idea for this confession stemmed from this week’s theme in my life – 100% non-fiction: Take me out to the ballgame…
I just got back into town from my son’s State ball tournament (and although we didn’t take the State, we did come back as runners-up on our first trip there – not too shabby. I also hope to have another story to blog soon that touched my heart there…but that’s for another day.) While there, I wondered how much time I’ve spent on bleachers (football, baseball, wrestling, basketball) over the years. Of course, I’m not complaining. I’m doing my time. I know my kids will eventually do their time because my dad did his time for me. (It’s a vicious cycle! haha!) I used to wonder if the play-by-play feedback with suggestions were really necessary after each of my games. A simple “good job” would’ve been sufficient through my young eyes (and ears). I forgot that my dad was a teacher & a coach – and an athlete before that who had learned to critique himself to become better. How could he have helped himself, if he was truly wanting to help me? Nevertheless, my son and I have struck a deal between us. No one is allowed to critique immediately after a game or match – period. If it was a win, we can celebrate the awesome plays or moves. But everything else waits until either the glory or the sting has had some time to dissipate. Then we’ll “talk shop” again. 🙂
- For the 14 hours following the close of the challenge, voting will be enabled on links.
- In order to vote, return to this post where stars will appear next to each link. To vote, simply click the star that corresponds with your favorite post.
- You can vote for your top three favorite posts.
- Voting is open to everyone. Encourage your friends to vote for you, if you wish.
- You have 14 hours to vote. It’s not much time, so be diligent! We’ll send out reminders on Twitter and Facebook.
- The Game of Life (humantriumphant.wordpress.com)
- SuperMom: The Next Generation (humantriumphant.wordpress.com)