“What are you so deep in thought about, Sue?”
“Oh, I’m sitting here contemplating the complex mind of the male species…”
“I’m fairly certain you’re overcomplicating matters. I mean, the very fact that you believe they could be an entire species unto themselves…”
“Is what they think of, or what you’re naming their species? I need a little more to go on…”
“That’s all Mark ever thinks about. My boobs. And maybe football.”
“Did you ask him that…what he was thinking about?”
“Yeah, but he just glances down at my chest and mumbles, ‘Nothing…’.”
“Maybe that’s really what he’s thinking about when you ask…nothing. People can get pedantic like that, given a chance. And why are you complaining if their your boobs?”
“Katie, do you need something? Because you’re not really helping.”
“According to you, I need boobs – if men are going to be thinking about me.”
“I didn’t say they’d be thinking about you, Kate. Just your boobs.”
“Good enough. Look, Sue, you’re convoluting this. Go to a game. Take your boobs. Talk to Mark instead of wondering what he’s thinking. If he says nothing, give him something to think about.”
“Oh, I forgot. You’re the expert on this topic.”
“I am sociologically versed on what you call the male species concerning War and Sexual Selection Theories. You want Markcelot to sweep you off your feet like a hairy girl when his biology tells him to woo you long enough to cause your boobs to swell, then go off to war to protect your other assets. Football’s about as aggressive as he’s allowed to get in that cozy recliner. And who else is there to battle besides the mid-forties bulge? Give the poor guy a break.”
“Give him a break? And my dreams?”
“Go get in a good psychological nap, sis. Statistical odds say you have a 67% better chance of dreaming than him anyway. If that doesn’t work, try a romance novel.”
“Katie…you’re the boob!”
- Your response must be between 33 and 333 words.
- You must use the 3rd definition of the given word in your post.
- The word itself needs to be included in your response.
- You may not use a variation of the word; it needs to be exactly as stated above.
- Only one entry per writer.
- If you know your post does not meet the requirements of the challenge, please leave your link in the comments section, not in the linkz.
- Trifecta is open to everyone. Please join us.
This week’s challenge is community judged.
- For the 14 hours following the close of the challenge, voting will be enabled on links.
- In order to vote, return to this post where stars will appear next to each link. To vote, simply click the star that corresponds with your favorite post.
- You can vote for your top three favorite posts.
- Voting is open to everyone. Encourage your friends to vote for you, if you wish, but please don’t tell them to vote on a number. The numbering of the posts changes regularly, as authors have the ability to delete their own links at any time.
- You have 14 hours to vote. It’s not much time, so be diligent! We’ll send out reminders on Twitter and Facebook.
The “Retro Lazy-Boy Stylish 880 recliner” image (circa 70’s) that I’ve personally entitled
“Catering to Your Man’s Dreams…”
is located at: