It oozed from his gaping orifice without apology, nearly unbearable to witness.
I turned my head in disgust that he’d expect me to endure such an assault on my senses as this.
Yet, I found myself outlandishly drawn to the offense in the midst of my repulsion.
He would surely infect me if I allowed myself any nearer.
So why could I not resist?
I turned back toward him, conceding to the viral encircling of his open arms that were pulling me closer to my ill fated decision.
“Resisting my charm is useless, is it not, Ma chérie?” he teased in accented delight. “You cannot stay angry with me. My smile ruins you every time.”
That was the dreaded moment when I understood the deadliness of his affliction.
Written this week for the Trifecta challenge on:
1: to contaminate with a disease-producing substance or agent (as bacteria)
2a : to communicate a pathogen or a disease to
b : of a pathogenic organism : to invade (an individual or organ) usually by penetration
c : of a computer virus : to become transmitted and copied to (as a computer)
3a : contaminate, corrupt <the inflated writing that infects such stories>
b : to work upon or seize upon so as to induce sympathy, belief, or support <trying to infect their salespeople with their enthusiasm>
- Your response must be between 33 and 333 words.
- You must use the 3rd definition of the given word in your post.
- The word itself needs to be included in your response.
- You may not use a variation of the word; it needs to be exactly as stated above.
- Only one entry per writer.
- If you know your post does not meet the requirements of the challenge, please leave your link in the comments section, not in the linkz.
- Trifecta is open to everyone. Please join us.
- For the 12 hours following the close of the challenge, voting will be enabled on links.
- In order to vote, return to this post where stars will appear next to each link. To vote, simply click the star that corresponds with your favorite post.
- You can vote for your top three favorite posts.
- Voting is open to everyone. Encourage your friends to vote for you, if you wish, but please don’t tell them to vote on a number. The numbering of the posts changes regularly, as authors have the ability to delete their own links at any time.
- You have 12 hours to vote. It’s not much time, so be diligent! We’ll send out reminders on Twitter and Facebook.